Comprehensive Resources For Safe Rack Design, Use Detailed In RMI’s ProMat Education Session
The safe use of a storage rack system is key to the ongoing productivity of a warehousing operation. That’s why members of RMI will both share insights from the current standards for the design, testing and utilization of industrial steel storage racks and address related questions in “Rack Safety, Inspection and Repair,” a free, on-show floor seminar during ProMat 2019. The session will be held on Wednesday, April 10 from 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Theater F, located in the back right-hand corner of McCormick Place’s South exhibit hall.
Attendees will learn about the comprehensive catalog of resources offered by RMI that can be used to design and implement a safe rack system. These include:
- The ANSI MH16.1-2012 Specification for the Design, Testing and Utilization of Industrial Steel Storage Racks
- The ANSI MH16.3-2016 Specification for the Design, Testing and Utilization of Industrial Steel Cantilevered Storage Racks
- The ANSI MH26.2-2017 Specification for the Design, Testing and Utilization of Welded Wire Rack Decking
- Considerations for the Planning and Use of Industrial Steel Storage Racks
- Guideline for the Assessment and Repair or Replacement of Damaged Rack
Additionally, the session will feature an overview of the elements that should be included in rack inspections to help ensure a rack system remains in productive working order. Further, the recommended frequency of those inspections to ensure the integrity of the installation and its safe use will be discussed.
Presenters will also detail the types of accessories that can be deployed to further enhance the safety of a rack system by offering a measure of protection from impacts. Finally, the presentation will discuss how to assess rack damage and, if deemed necessary, how to decide between repairing or replacing the damaged components.
Those who are unable to attend the session in person may still access the presentation and its accompanying audio via a recording that will be made available online after ProMat concludes.
Looking for answers to industrial storage rack system safety questions prior to ProMat? Visit RMI’s page of frequently asked questions (FAQs).